Your home is probably the most expensive individual item you will ever purchase
How do you know an electrical installation in your home or appliances are safe?
A periodic electrical inspection & test is the most detailed inspection & test of the electrical installation and confirms primarily whether the installation is safe for continued use and secondly how it compares to the current regulations. An in-depth examination of your electrical installations, producing an eight page report detailing circuit details, test results, inspection report, any faults & recommendations for remedial work required
Get a quote now!Enter your name and phone number and we'll call you back!
What is a Periodic Inspection & Test?A Periodic Inspection & test is report on the condition of an existing electrical installation, to identify (in order of priority) any safety hazards or faults and any deficiencies with regards to the current regulations.
A periodic inspection will:
- Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment is overloaded
- Find any potential electrical shock risks and fire hazards in your electrical installation
- Identify any defective DIY electrical work
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding
Why is a periodic inspection needed?Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and age. It is important for the person responsible for the maintenance of the installation to be sure that the safety of users is not put at risk, and that the installation continues to be in a safe and serviceable condition.
When is a periodic inspection needed?It is recommended that periodic inspection and testing is carried out at least every:
- 5-10 years for a domestic installation Other instances when a periodic inspection should be carried out are:
- When a property is being prepared to be let
- Prior to selling a property or when buying a previously occupied property