What can we do for Landlords?
The RisksLandlords are exposing themselves to significant financial risks, from fines and invalidated insurance, through not acting on their electrical safety obligations.
Landlords are also putting millions of UK private tenants at risk of serious accident or fire.
Get a quote now!Enter your name and phone number and we'll call you back!
Landlords are required by law to ensure:
- That the electrical installation in a rented property is safe when tenants move in and maintained in a safe condition throughout its duration.
- That a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) has a periodic inspection carried out on the property every five years.
If your property is not an HMO, you are not legally obliged to do this. However, we recommend that a periodic inspection and test is carried out on your rental properties at least every five years by a qualified, competent Electrician or electrical test engineer.
- That any appliance provided is safe at the beginning of and during the tenancy.
- Faulty electrical appliances can also lead to fires. As well as causing injuries and loss of life, fires cause damage to plant, equipment and proper
- Making sure that your property has adequate RCD protection
- Using a qualified competent electrician for any work on your property
- Carrying out regular safety inspections & tests on the electrical appliances provided as part of the rental agreement
At AshDale Electrical TestingWe offer our Landlords:
- Formal Visual inspection & Portable appliance test of all electrical appliances whether Connected by a 3 pin plug, fused connection unit or isolator.
- Periodic Inspections & tests of the electrical installations(EICR)
- Periodic inspection & Test of emergency lighting systems
- A fault finding and repairs service to our PAT & PIR Customers only
- We can also arrange preferential rates on gas safety testing to our PAT & PIR customers only